Cameron works primarily for Indigenous governments and departments as well as local businesses.
Understanding client perspectives, values, and needs creates a solid foundation for Cameron to build working relationships and deliver customized services.
Cameron is known for his communication skills, his agility in pivoting between legal matters, and his exceptionally calm, friendly attitude in all situations.
Cameron first joined MT+Co. as a summer student in 2020. He returned the following year to complete his articles with us and then joined the firm as an associate in 2022.
Cameron works in natural resource, forestry, and Indigenous law. The matters he is involved with often intersect all three areas but can extend to issues involving fish and wildlife, lands and resources, and culture and heritage.
Cameron’s “Swiss Army knife” approach to his career extends to his hobbies. He is multi-talented, preferring to work with his hands to produce something practical, whether it’s a gourmet meal, carpentry project, or metalwork. On non-rainy days, he spends his time outdoors.
- Juris Doctor (JD), Specialization in Environmental and Natural Resource Law, University of British Columbia, 2021
- Master of Arts (MA), Archaeology, Simon Fraser University, 2018
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Archaeology, Simon Fraser University, 2016
- Barbara Bluman Memorial Prize in Dispute Resolution, 2021
- SSHRC Canada Graduate Scholarship, 2018
- Roy L. Carlson Graduate Scholarship in Prehistoric British Columbia Archaeology
- Certificate in Cultural Resource Management