Jessica joined MT+Co. in 2021 as a summer student and has returned to complete her articles. While she does most of her work with the Business Law Group, Jessica is keen to work in all areas of practice with a particular fondness for corporate and commercial, mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual property law.
Her passion for all things business and tech comes from her pre-law life. Before attending law school, and all throughout, Jessica worked in the entertainment and technology start-up spaces. Here she gained interest and experience in intellectual property, business, and financing.
Jessica is a lover of film and the arts, she is an annual volunteer at the Vancouver Film Festival, and throughout law school, she acted as Clinic Coordinator for the Artists Legal Outreach clinic, which provides free summary legal advice to low-income artists and non-profit arts organizations throughout BC.
Jessica loves to travel. A few of her highlights include cooking classes in Thailand, running into crocodiles in Mexico, eating paella on the beach in the south of Spain, and surfing in England.
Her favourite way to unwind is to go to a movie at the Rio Theater on Commercial Drive (which, according to Jessica, serves the best grilled cheese in town!).
- Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia, Peter A. Allard School of Law, 2022
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Victoria, English major and Business minor (graduated with distinction), 2019
- Co-President of the Allard Law Film Society
- Annual volunteer for Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF)
- Clinic Coordinator for the Artists Legal Outreach Clinic