Jessica is a lawyer in our Business and Workplace Law Groups. Her practice focuses largely on mergers and acquisitions and corporate commercial work, where she often draws upon her employment law experience.
Her passion for all things business and tech comes from her pre-law life. Before attending law school, and all throughout, Jessica worked in the entertainment and technology start-up spaces. Here, she gained an appreciation for the unique challenges faced by emerging businesses and developed an interest in corporate matters, intellectual property, and financing.
Jessica is a lover of film and the arts, she is an annual volunteer at the Vancouver Film Festival, and throughout law school, she acted as clinic coordinator for the Artists Legal Outreach clinic, which provides free summary legal advice to low-income artists and non-profit arts organizations throughout BC.
Jessica loves to travel. Her highlights include cooking classes in Thailand, running into crocodiles in Mexico, eating paella on the beach in the south of Spain, and surfing in England.
Her favourite way to unwind is to go to a movie at the Rio Theater on Commercial Drive (which, according to Jessica, serves the best grilled cheese in town!).
- Called to the Bar in BC, 2023
- Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia, Peter A. Allard School of Law, 2022
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Victoria, English major and Business minor (graduated with distinction), 2019
- Co-President of the Allard Law Film Society
- Annual volunteer for Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF)
- Clinic Coordinator for the Artists Legal Outreach Clinic