Principal Lawyer | Director of Legal Talent
Lou is a labour and employment lawyer and a workplace investigator who works with public and private sector clients.
In addition to helping clients navigate issues such as performance management, terminations, and wrongful dismissal claims, Lou helps clients implement preventative training, policy initiatives, and strategic advice regarding all manner of workplace issues.
Lou provides clients with strategic advice and training regarding the daily management of the workforce. She drafts and interprets employment contracts, workplace policies, and collective agreements. She also assists clients in navigating human rights complaints, disciplinary matters, terminations, employment standards complaints, collective agreement arbitrations, issues regarding hybrid workplaces, and wrongful dismissal claims.
When she’s conducting investigations, Lou fosters connections and puts people at ease. Most often, she investigates contentious claims of workplace bullying and harassment, discrimination, and sexual misconduct.
Lou also serves as the lead of MT+Co.’s student recruiting.
Lou grew up on the West Coast and loves to hike and ski. Lou is a little bit obsessed with food. She used to cook for a living, and Lou has become an accidental hipster – she grows a lot of her food, forages for mushrooms, and keeps two beehives in her backyard.
- Called to the bar in BC, 2010
- Juris Doctor (JD), University of Victoria, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Religion/Religious Studies (Honours), University of Waterloo, 2006
- Culinary Diploma, French Culinary, Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts, 2000
- Co-authored “Human Rights Issues in Post-Secondary Education”, a chapter in the Handbook of Canadian Higher Education Law, 2016