Steve is a lawyer who likes numbers. Before attending law school, he spent six years at Statistics Canada, where he spent much of his time working on the consumer price index. He then worked at a legal tech start-up where he spent his time converting securities regulations into code.
Steve works with founders to keep more of their companies. He protects and supports his clients’ interests, allowing them to confidently execute their visions.
Steve’s work focuses on equity financing for high-growth companies, advising clients on shareholder agreements, employee stock options plans, commercial agreements, and general mergers and acquisitions work.
Steve has direct experience working in a new business and raising capital.
Steve loves being a dad. He has four kids – two girls and two boys (and a dog). He spends a lot of time trying to convince his crew to complete hikes that are “way too long, Dad!”, or sing songs that he makes up as he goes along.
His success in negotiating with his children is varied.
- Called to the Bar in BC, 2020
- Juris Doctor (JD), University of British Columbia, 2018
- Mitacs Research Project, The Regulation of Initial Coin Offerings
- Masters of Public Administration (MPA), Western University, 2007
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Political Science (Honours), University of Alberta
- Publication: S. Parr and S. Pederson Chapter 1.2 “Airdrops, token bounties and dividends” in A Practical Guide to Smart Contracts and Blockchain Law (2019) Lexis Nexis