As of April 27th, this position has been filled. We thank all applicants for their interest and their time.
Miller Titerle + Company needs to add a new business lawyer to the team.
We are a group of forward-thinking professionals who have built a progressive business law firm based on a more passionate and personal way of practising law.
We strive to achieve balance between hard work and maintaining our kick-ass culture. We welcome those who don’t fit the traditional law firm mold because we believe diverse personalities help keep our lives exciting and entertaining. We seek passionate people who believe in their work and are proud of what they do for a career.
We actively pursue clients who share our values so we can be proud of what our clients are trying to accomplish. Life is too short to spend time working with people that we don’t believe in or don’t enjoy.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a talented associate with three to five years of relevant experience for a one year contract position with the potential (but no guarantee) of extension.
All candidates are expected to have excellent academic credentials; exceptional people skills; a strong background in general corporate/commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, technology and licensing; and glowing references from both people who have reported to you in the past (to demonstrate consistent treatment of everyone with respect) and from clients (to demonstrate commitment to value and high level people skills). We view all these things as table stakes – you need to have them to play with us.
Beyond these basics, we will consider candidates based on how they demonstrate commitment to the things that we value the most:
- Culture – it is a virtuous circle. Happy, engaged and interesting people deliver better value and service to our clients; who in turn give us great work we believe in; which helps keep us happy, engaged and interesting.
- People – we like each other. We leave our egos at the door. We are respectful, collaborative, energetic, fun and open-minded. We don’t accept assholes.
- Curiosity – what we are doing has been done before, but not like this. The future is ours to write if we are willing to execute ambitious visions – but first we need to learn and let that learning shape our visions.
- Innovation – we get excited about growth, take intelligent risks, make decisions quickly and learn from our mistakes. Our motto is “f*ck the status quo” because we know the status quo is often broken.
- Execution – take it and run with it. Excuses are like law degrees – all lawyers have them but they won’t get you any respect here. Getting stuff done will.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have the table stakes, and if you get excited about our vision, we want to talk to you. To apply please send your application as one single PDF file to Natalie Foley via e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.