Aaron, a lawyer in our Indigenous Law Group and a member of the Lower Nicola Indian Band, advocates for the rights of Indigenous Nations and advises Indigenous Organizations on governance, economic development, and shared decision-making. He also works on justice-related issues and has a passion for helping Indigenous Nations revitalize their laws.
As a former elected chief and councillor of the Lower Nicola Indian Band, Aaron’s leadership experience provides him with a deep understanding of the challenges and the work required for his Indigenous clients. Previously, Aaron primarily practiced as a criminal defense lawyer, representing Residential School Survivors seeking compensation for abuse. He has represented clients in the BC Provincial Court, BC Supreme Court, and BC Court of Appeal.
Outside of the office, Aaron enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons, engaging in outdoor activities, reading, and learning the nłeʔkepmxcin language.
- Called to the Bar in BC, 2006
- Former Chief Lower Nicola Indian Band, 2013-2019
- Law LLB Degree, University of British Columbia, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts, Environmental Studies, California State University, Sacramento, 1999
- President BC NDP 2021-Present
- Former chair of the Indigenous Business and Investment Council
- Former director of BC First Nations Justice Council
- Former Council member of British Columbia’s Climate Solutions and Clean Growth Advisory Council