Aaron is a lawyer in our Indigenous Law Group and a member of the Lower Nicola Indian band. Aaron advocates for the rights of Indigenous Nations and advises Indigenous Organizations on governance, economic development, and shared decision-making. He also works on justice-related issues and is passionate about helping Indigenous Nations revitalize their laws.
Aaron is a former elected chief and councillor of the Lower Nicola Indian Band. His leadership experience fosters his understanding of the challenges and work needed for his Indigenous clients. Previously, Aaron worked primarily as a criminal defence lawyer and represented Residential School Survivors seeking compensation for abuse. Aaron has represented clients in the BC Provincial Court, BC Supreme Court, and BC Court of Appeal.
Outside of the office, Aaron loves to spend time with his wife and two sons, outdoors, reading, and learning the nłeʔkepmxcin language.
- Called to the Bar in BC, 2006
- Former Chief Lower Nicola Indian Band, 2013-2019
- Law LLB Degree, University of British Columbia, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts, Environmental Studies, California State University, Sacramento, 1999
- President BC NDP 2021-Present
- Former chair of the Indigenous Business and Investment Council
- Former director of BC First Nations Justice Council
- Former Council member of British Columbia’s Climate Solutions and Clean Growth Advisory Council