Chris is a lawyer in our Indigenous Law Group and Business Law Group. He collaborates with clients to achieve practical, effective outcomes in matters where, at first, they may not have clear options for moving forward.
Chris advises First Nations on commercial, strategic, intellectual property, and projects related to economic development matters. The business law side of his practice includes acquisitions, financing, technology, intellectual property protection and commercialization, partnerships, and general commercial issues.
Prior to joining MT+Co., Chris was the Senior Director of Legal Affairs at Hootsuite, a successful Vancouver technology company. He worked on corporate development as well as privacy and employment matters before making the move back to private practice.
Chris is a member of a band called Phat Tank that creates post-rock garage operas. They have a mission statement – “Phat Tank is a thriving artistic relationship that pours gasoline on the bonfires of our dreams and ignites the hearts of everyone it touches.”
When he is not jamming with Phat Tank, Chris enjoys all the natural beauty Vancouver offers, such as mountain biking, skiing, kayaking, and sailing.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of Windsor
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Communications major and Political Science minor, Queen's University
- Clerked for Justice Peter Cory at the Supreme Court of Canada
- Clerked for Madam Justice Tremblay-Lamer at the Federal Court of Canada
- Recipient of the University of Windsor President’s Medal and Faculty of Law Community Service Award