Managing Principal | Lead, Business Law Group
David leads our Business Law and Transactions Group. He practices corporate and commercial law.
David focuses on middle market mergers and acquisitions and complex commercial transactions. He negotiates and manages transactions for buyers and sellers across a broad range of sectors and valuations.
David often works with clients in the energy, forestry, and other natural resources sectors. He also has broad experience negotiating transactions in the heavy industry, technology, retail, hospitality, and professional services sectors.
David brings a constructive and collaborative style to the negotiation process. He focuses on the issues that matter to his clients while taking a calm, practical approach to resolving issues that arise during a transaction. David leads his team in a way that always advances and never hinders the deal.
In addition to his transactional work, David acts for First Nations and industry on corporate, commercial, and regulatory matters, including joint ventures, partnerships, service and supply agreements, energy purchase and sale, and shipping and transportation agreements.
David is MT+Co.’s very own Olympian – an adrenaline-loving short-track speed skater who laced up in both the 1998 and 2002 Winter Games.
- Called to the Bar in BC, 2007
- Masters of Business Administration, with specializations in strategic management and finance, University of British Columbia, 2012
- Bachelor of Civil Law / Bachelor of Laws (BCL/LL.B), with Distinction, McGill University, 2006
- Conference co-chair at the inaugural Mini-LLB for Aboriginal Leadership
- Guest lecturer on M&A transactions to Certified General Accountants Association of British Columbia
- Best Lawyers, Corporate Law + Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Since 2021