Emily is a principal lawyer in MT+Co.’s Business Law Group, where she leads mergers and acquisitions, financing, and corporate and commercial transactions.
Emily advises clients across several industries. She primarily works with buyers, sellers, and private and growth-stage companies, and is experienced working with small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Emily is passionate about giving back to the community. She’s volunteered with non-profit organizations including Lawn Summer Nights, Right to Play, Power to Be, and the Hooplaw Society, all of which aim to harness the power of sport and physical activity to promote equality and children’s health and development. She also supports female entrepreneurs and women in business and is a director of the Association for Corporate Growth.
Emily is a proud east-coaster, having grown up in Halifax, Nova Scotia. When she isn’t working or volunteering, she’s often found playing sports (including pickleball) or travelling with her wife.
- Called to the Bar in BC, 2017
- ACG British Columbia, Director, Sept 2021 - Present
- West Coast Kids Cancer Foundation, Board Committee Member, Sept 2020 - June 2021
- Young ACG, ACG British Columbia, Board Chair, May 2019 - Present
- Juris Doctor (JD), Dalhousie University, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), International Development Studies (Dean's List), McGill University, 2012
- Lawn Summer Nights Society, Past Director
- Schulich Scholarship in Law for academic achievement and community involvement
- Dalhousie University Impact Award for leadership in promoting sport and wellness on campus
- Dalhousie Alumni Ambassador Award for contributions to volunteerism, public service, and the advancement of the University
- Robert T. Donald Memorial Prize for the highest standing in Corporate Transactions course at the Schulich School of Law