Iain joined MT+Co. summer 2021 and has returned to complete his articles at our Vancouver office. He is looking forward to practicing in various areas of law, but his primary interest is in First Nations Economic Development, Indigenous governance, and tax law. Iain grew up on the East Coast in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, and is a proud member of Snuneymuxw First Nation.
Iain is a dedicated runner and notably completed the Valley Harvest Marathon in 2018 and the BMO Vancouver Marathon in 2022. Most recently, Iain completed the Valley Harvest 50 KM Ultra Marathon.
- Juris Doctor, University of Victoria, 2022
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, St. Francis Xavier University, 2019
- Co-author, Bradley Bryan & Iain Thomas, Indigenous people pay taxes: Demythologizing the Indian Act tax exemption, The Conversation, 2022
- Director, Health Justice, 2021-present
- Indigenous Leadership Group member, Health Justice, 2020-present
- Indigenous Law Students Association member, 2019-2022
- Crabtree Family Entrance Scholarship, 2019
- Fasken Indigenous Entrance Scholarship, 2019
- Shaw Media Scholarship, 2015
- RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program Scholarship, 2015
- St. Francis Xavier’s Merit and Deveau Scholarships, 2015
- Indspire Building Bright Futures Scholarship, multi-year recipient