Joelle leads the MT+Co. Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group. She focuses on complex civil litigation, representing the interests of businesses and Indigenous organizations with fierce determination and focused strategies.
Much of Joelle’s work involves corporate and commercial disputes and regulatory proceedings. She has appeared before all levels of British Columbia courts, as well as the Federal Court of Appeal and administrative tribunals such as the National Energy Board.
Joelle represents Indigenous clients in disputes regarding Aboriginal rights and title, governance and impact benefit agreement interpretation. She negotiates on behalf of First Nations with the Crown, industry, and regulatory bodies. She also has practical experience with specialized areas such as Indigenous legal orders, oral traditional evidence, and traditional Indigenous ecological knowledge.
Joelle has completed four marathons and more than 30 half-marathons, but now spends most of her spare time running after her three young children.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of British Columbia, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), English, Simon Fraser University, 1999
- Former Executive member of the Vancouver Bar Association
- Recognized in Best Lawyers, Aboriginal Law / Indigenous Practice + Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2024
- Benchmark Litigation Canada Future Star, 2022, 2023