Peter is a principal in our Business Law Group, where he works with institutional and private lenders and corporate and Indigenous clients of all sizes.
He enjoys the personal side of his practice, getting to know his clients, their businesses, and their needs.
Peter’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial law, with a particular focus on secured lending transactions, project finance, complex commercial transactions, and Indigenous economic development matters.
Peter acts for financial institutions and industry and Indigenous organizations across all sectors, including in the financial, energy, natural resource, agricultural, real estate, restaurant, clothing, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, and cannabis industries.
Peter is a proud father of two children and two fine pups.
When he has spare time, he writes fiction, tries to keep his dogs from barking, and learns stuff from his exceptionally smart wife.
- Called to the Bar in BC, 2014
- Juris Doctor (JD), University of Ottawa, 2013
- Master of Arts, Political Science, Acadia University, 2008
- Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy (Honours), Acadia University, 2005
- Publication: S. Jan and P. Eirikson, “Practice Note: Security Interests in Rolling Stock and Railway Assets”: Practical Law – Canada, March, 2016