Office + IT Assistant
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Office + IT Assistant is a hybrid role responsible for office functions as well as accurately and efficiently assisting the Facilities + IT Manager with daily tasks.
As the Office + IT Assistant at Miller Titerle + Company, you will help the team with their day-to-day technology requests and support. You are the tech expert for in-office requests, demonstrating your keen sense for outstanding customer service and patience.
You will support your team in planning and implementing new and existing technologies by coordinating workflows, tracking outstanding deliverables and documents, and helping us stay on top of our service commitments. You will have the opportunity to flex your creativity and problem-solving skills on business activities, such as training, firm strategic planning, and continuous improvement projects. This role functions as the “face of the firm” as you are the first person clients and team members see when they come into the office, which means you will be responsible for client-facing needs coming into Reception.
This role will involve supporting and reporting to the IT + Facilities Manager. We understand there may be a need for flexibility from time to time, however the primary requirements of this role are in office.
Training and other support will be provided to get your skills up to speed, but these are generally the traits you will embody naturally:
- Tech-Obsessed: You get a thrill out of working smarter instead of harder. You like to master your tech tools (while patiently helping others do the same) and are excited about the potential of automation in the workplace. You’re always on the hunt for technology that makes your life easier.
- Confident: You communicate confidently and candidly. You are comfortable asking for what you need, suggesting better ways of doing things, and holding people accountable to following processes and delivering results.
- High Performing: You are disciplined and take responsibility for your outcomes. You like to have everything under control, so you’re proactively “one step ahead” and take ownership of moving things forward as much as you possibly can. You’ve got an eye for continuous improvement, and the drive to plan and execute it.
- Supportive: You enjoy taking care of others by providing excellent service. You like to empower other people’s performance by building systems, documenting processes, and proactively anticipating their needs. Your empathy helps you think critically about the client and colleague experience.
- Curious: You’re eager to learn and get excited about figuring out new things. You seek out your own learning opportunities and take time to understand the bigger picture of whatever it is that you’re working on.
- Detail-Oriented: You’re a details person. You have an eye for design and take pride in making things look nice, while also knowing when to prioritize “function over fashion”. You thrive on precision and administrative excellence.
- Flexible: You’re good at dealing with change and can gracefully “roll with the punches” when things get a bit messy. You handle stress well, assume positive intentions in others, and step up to the plate when your colleagues need a helping hand.
Ideally, you have 1+ years of experience in helpdesk support and/or office administration. Previous technology troubleshooting and implementation is an asset.
While our firm is constantly evolving (and flexibility is key), the duties of this role generally include:
Information Services Support
- Assist the IT + Facilities Manager with maintaining and updating all information systems
- Offer day-to-day helpdesk support to MT employees
- Assist with all on-site hardware and software troubleshooting and maintenance
- Maintain and update current policies and procedures with oversight from the IT + Facilities Manage.
- Manage and maintain boardroom technologies and offer training and assistance when required
- Provide secondary administrator support to multiple platforms
- Assist with the coordination of system repairs and updates
- Organize and maintain our current software register
- Assist with managing account information for multiple accounts and subscriptions
- Liaise with Landlord and property managers regarding facility needs and updates
- Coordinate and organize regular safety inspections in conjunction with the Joint Health and Safety Committee (“JHSC”)
- Coordinate and maintain the JHSC running agenda and minutes
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Track and update current libraries and resource materials
- Display excellent, friendly, and helpful customer service to clients and guests
- Create and present detailed plans with the assistance of the IT + Facilities Manager
- Maintain and organize storage spaces
- Liaise with subtenants and provide support where necessary
- Be the face of the firm by sitting at the reception desk each day
- Organize and maintain current recycling standards
- Answer Reception phone calls in a timely and professional manner
- Receive and handle all intercom calls
- Order, stock, and maintain a sufficient inventory of supplies (stationery and kitchen)
- Ensure the office, boardrooms and kitchens are, kept tidy, stocked, and presentable
- Manage and maintain the weekly office order e.g. Coffee, fruit, etc
- Assist Office Services in receiving and storing deliveries
- Assist PM’s with boardroom setup for client meetings
- Manage boardroom bookings with the help from PM’s
- Co-Manage the reception inbox with Office Services
Training + Development
- Train new employees on current systems and processes
- Assist lawyers and non-lawyer staff to identify and implement best practices
- Plan, design, develop, and maintain training materials
- Provide training in the use of software applications
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and a brief statement describing why this particular role speaks to you to Zarah Hofer, Manager of People + Culture, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"*" indicates required fields